Recreation and Social Programs
Welcome to our listing of social and recreation activities for the LGBTQ+ community. Most activities are also listed on our calendar. Because some activities are held at private residences the address will not be provided on our website. You may call our Information & Referral services during operating hours or sign up for our weekly emails for more detail. To receive emails from the Stonewall Alliance Center, email your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to write on the subject line, “Add to email list”. Your first and last name must be included in the body of the email.
Call the Center at (530) 893-3336 during office hours to get updated information on social activity locations.
- "Free All-Genders Yoga Workout Class: Mondays 6-7pm. No registration required & mats are provided - just bring a water bottle and towel.
- Qmunity Meetings: 1st Friday of Every Month @ 6pm. A safe space to discuss issues, ask questions, propose ideas, and participate in finding solutions.
- Free Movie Night: 3rd Friday of Every Month at 6:30pm. Free movie screening; popcorn and soda available by donation.
- Game Nights: 4th Friday of Every Month at 6:30pm. Get together with games, fun, and friends!
- Women’s Dining Group, Tasty Tongues, meet on the third Tuesday of each month at different restaurants. The group gathers at 6:30pm and an RSVP is requested. Locations will be listed on the calendar. RSVP’s must be emailed to email@example.com by 5pm on the Sunday prior to the dinner.
Greeters, ambassadors, and hosts are needed. Several additional activities are in various stages of planning. If you would be interested in hosting a women’s potluck or serving as an ambassador or greeter, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are exploring a weekly bike riding activity in Bidwell Park, shopping excursions, bowling nights, and dog walks in the park. It is crucial that we have volunteers willing to welcome and introduce participants at each activity.
Other area social activities include:
- Imperial Sovereign Court of the Czaristic Dynasty (ISCCD) produces shows and dances to raise money for local nonprofits. www.chicoimperialcourt.com
- Nor Cal Gatherings produces the annual LGBTQ+ Rainbow Campout event on the first Saturday in June. email: email@example.com
- Tasty Tongues (Women's Dining Group) meet at different restaurants on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm. Restaurant locations vary. Must RSVP by Sunday before to firstname.lastname@example.org.